Sunday, September 5, 2010

342



"Excuse me, but did you happen to see my paint splotch? I think I may have lost it."

Oh well, I ended up accidentally dumping this little guy's scanned Splotch Form while cleaning up my Mac's messy desktop. I cleared the trash too to make room for more memory, so it's gone for good unfortunately. I'm hoping this will be the first and last time that happens, but I've got a feeling it won't be. I just couldn't paint over him again - I like him too much. In the meantime, I am hoping to do more of these on this funky patterned paper my wife gave me. They're unused leftovers from her scrapbooking excursions. Doing these on this paper made me think of doing a whole series of camouflage Splotch Monsters who have the ability to take on different patterns and colors, much like a chameleon can.

3 comments:

  1. Makes me think of the too much information input trope, I mean his expression of overwhelm. A good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the monster, love the background.

    ReplyDelete