Thursday, August 12, 2010

318




This Splotch Monster proved to be a challenge, more so than others, mostly because I ended up drawing on the paint splotch (or as I formally would call it, Splotch Form), before scanning the splotch. I thought, perhaps I'll simply upload the monster to the blog with some type of explanation, however, I just couldn't get myself to do it. In the past, before this blog, most of the time I didn't even scan the Splotch Form. I thought, why bother? But I think people "get it" more when I show what I started out with, prior to working on the splotch. So, to keep with the tradition of this blog, and to possibly appease some small tidbit of OCD tendencies that I was never diagnosed with as a kid (we didn't really have these terms when I was a youngster), I ended up painting over the completed monster until it was once again an amorphous paint splotch. If you look closely, you will see what I originally drew, given the opaque nature of watercolor paints. I then proceeded to draw over it once more, to create a monster similar in nature to the first one. How does this amount in the grand scheme of things? Most likely nil. It sure makes me feel a lot better though.

No comments:

Post a Comment