Wednesday, July 28, 2010

303




Summer's still in full swing which means I'm not in the art classroom for another month. That also means I don't have as much access to some of the cool scrap papers I'd normally find laying around the room or in my storage space. As a result, I've been using my trusty sketchbook Moleskine. It also is good when I'm out and about, since I usually will find a time at home to lay down several paint splotches then take my book along, with some pens and markers, to work in at a later time. I've also been toying with the idea of simply doing a sketchbook full of strictly Splotch Monsters, which is another reason why you might have noticed so many of 'em on the trademark cream-colored Moleskine pages these days. Still, that doesn't mean I won't be getting more experimental again. My wife just found a nice little pile of unwanted multicolored papers she was going to drop in the recycle bin, but are now reserved for more Splotch Monsters. Stay tuned and hope you're all keeping cool this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment