Saturday, June 12, 2010

257/pixo collab




Most of my Splotch Monsters are friendly, despite their usually frightening or grotesque appearance. That is not the case with 257, who represents the recent Gulf oil spill. It is truly an ugly situation, but you can help. Thanks to The Ripple Blog as well as Illustration Friday, artists and art lovers can contribute in their own small way, to cleaning up this mess. Check out Ripple if you would like to help too! In the meantime, check out artist Pixo's version below -amazing work, and not quite as idealized as mine is. Thanks for spreading the word Pixo!

5 comments:

  1. Steve, the situation is indeed horrific. In my version of this splotch form, the sea birds are not so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the visit and the kind words!- despite the somber tone of today's entry I quite enjoy what I have seen on this blog so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Pixo and Sam. You are both an incredible inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are wonderful! I saw them on the ripple blog! I dig your idea of surrendering some control of your art and doing splotch monsters!

    ReplyDelete