Tuesday, June 1, 2010

246






Here's a collaboration with my wife Kris, and a somewhat different approach to making a Splotch Monster. Earlier last month she saw a cool art technique online and wanted to try it. Basically she painted a piece of string then placed it in between a white sheet of paper, folded in half. My job was to hold the paper firmly in half between my hands as she slowly pulled the painted string around and out. It made a very nice, symmetrical line painting, which I cut in half and used for Splotch Monster 246. I simply decided to paint it with watercolors then later draw on it. This is definitely something worth trying again sometime.

4 comments:

  1. Love what this new string technique produced. Very interesting. The muscle/vein texture treatment on top of the organ-like shapes gives the monster a real raw feel, reminded me of Body World.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I really do want to do more in this fashion soon. Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this effect and will have to try it--wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete