Saturday, May 29, 2010

pixo collabs - splotch forms 241 and 242




Sometimes you see something and think, wow, that's what I should have thought of! Such is the case with these latest two collabs with Pixo. I've been toying with the idea of doing Splotch Monster "portraits" but never really forced myself to try it out yet. Then I see what Pixo did with Splotch Form 242 and felt like someone had been reading my mind! Sometimes you get in a rut of sorts - get comfortable with how you do things, even though you know it can be done differently and even better. I really like how 241 was utilized as well - the way the monster is actually crawling on someone's head. Talk about thinking outside the splotch! You can see Pixo's confident line use as well - almost gestural - following and highlighting many of my quick brush strokes. Now I'm inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment