Monday, May 3, 2010

217




This is a collaboration between myself and my wife Kris, who used her graphic design/Photoshop skills to transport my Splotch Monster, #217 (aka Triniwine) into a photo I took from when I visited her former home in her native country Trinidad. Triniwine is a peaceful Splotch Monster who has a smaller, extra head for tasting and sampling the multitude of fruits and flowers growing throughout Trinidad. In this image, Triniwine is happily wining (wine-ing, a popular dance associated with Trinidad's native Soca music) as he approaches not one, but two rainbows - his favorite thing in the world (next to fresh fruit from off the trees). Rainbows appeared almost every day I was there, especially near the Northern Range, which is pictured here. Nescafe instant coffee was also used as well when making this Splotch Monster. Kris' mom would make me a cup every morning when I stayed out there, before I'd wash the dishes, just to see this very view from their window above the kitchen sink. I was also inspired to try this collab with Kris as part of the Monsters in Real Places project. Check it out (and try it out) if you get a chance!



*click on above image for larger view

7 comments:

  1. this is so cool!!! what a clever idea....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has anyone ever told you that you are simply brilliant. NO seriously you really are. This is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks happy AND vicious! He looks like he'd get along with my vicous monsters in the 125 gallon tank.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Diana, Vanessa and Bob. I'm so glad you're enjoying these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment on my book blog, I didn't think anyone had even looked at it! I really appreciate it. I'm loving your splotch monsters. I used to do this with students as an exercise; yours are very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! ... where is Ultraman ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha! I love these. Great work!

    ReplyDelete