Wednesday, April 28, 2010

212




While I prefer painting on some good, thick, quality watercolor paper for my Splotch Monsters, I've also been challenging myself to try and make some on recycled paper. I recently found some stuff I'd normally discard into the recycle bin - cardboard, half-finished grade-books from work, etc. It can be difficult, since watercolors don't always work so well on thin papers, causing them to buckle. Still, I decided to embrace these imperfections and see them as part of the overall character of the work. In this case, I think I was lucky, using some inexpensive "metallic" watercolors on lightweight, gridded paper, expecting the worst.

3 comments:

  1. And got one of the best! Love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you show how the monster evolves from the splotch. Is accounting paper your new medium of choice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Yeah Bob, I use this stuff for grading, but it seems to work well with Splotch Monsters too. :)

    ReplyDelete