Friday, March 17, 2017

moleskine exchange splotch monsters


In many ways, I've been getting back to my art-making roots by participating in both a Moleskine, and Artist Trading Card exchange, both via snail mail. I call this "roots" because about ten years ago I finally, after years of drawing and making art on and off, decided that it was ok to call myself an artist, knowing that I have a long way to go to get to where I'd like to be, but to keep working at it along the way. While I admit, I've been a little behind on my current exchanges, now that I'm actually participating in my own, self-propelled artistic endeavors, these mail-art, group projects kept me involved, and keep me playful, as in the case with these three images. There was very little planning or thought put into any of these - just fun, spontaneous and creative play. 





No comments:

Post a Comment