Wednesday, July 8, 2015

curdles fan art


Today I finished a fan art piece for one of my favorite books, "The Kurdles" by Robert Goodin (Fantagraphics). I'm not much of a fan art-making kind of guy, but I thought it would be fun to put some of the main characters from the book into a new situation. In this case, Pentapus and Sally have somehow landed on Splotch Monster Island. I used colored pencils to color in Sally and Pentapus, and tried a different approach to drawing on the Splotch Monsters, outlining them in black, like I did with the Kurdles characters.  It was something I did when I first started making Splotch Monsters, but an approach I had abandoned a while back. I felt it made the overall image somewhat more consistent. I enjoyed the book so much, I even featured it my other blog a little while back as well. Highly recommended for everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment