Wednesday, April 1, 2015

for greg



Spent the last couple of days getting works hung for the big Splotch Monster Island exhibit at The Griffin Arts Center in downtown Frederick, Maryland (artist reception Saturday, April 11, 2015, 5-8pm). Tomorrow I'll add a few final touches, mainly posting up an artist statement and price/title tags. After several hours of work, and with lots of help from my wife Kris yesterday, things are finally coming together, and it's both exciting and bittersweet. Bittersweet because I found out, while driving back from Pennsylvania earlier in the week, that my cousin Greg had passed away while in his sleep. Being Greg was only a few years older than me, the news came as a shock to all of us, and I'm still trying to comprehend it all. He was such a wonderful person for so many reasons, but I remember Greg most for turning me on to a lot of cool music when I'd visit him and his younger brother Doug at their home in Johnstown, PA. I made a piece yesterday, specifically with Greg in mind, which will be in the show. I call it simply "For Greg". Will be back soon with more updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment