Tuesday, April 28, 2015

a parting shot


Last Sunday I took down my work for the Splotch Monster Island exhibit at The Griffin Art Center in Frederick, Maryland. It was sad seeing the pieces no longer hanging on the walls of this beautiful center, but I feel fortunate and grateful to have had the opportunity to exhibit at such a beautiful space for folks to see my work in person. Some pieces have returned home with me, while others have found new homes, such as the one pictured above, that was part of my popular "Conversation Piece" series, and is now going home with Mr. Marty (The Face Zone) Graff's dad, who has become a big supporter of my work. In addition to getting this Splotch Monster stuff out there, it was good to meet some new people and make some new friends during this process. By nature, I'm a bit of an introvert, but I also like people, especially people who like and/or make art. While the show at the Griffin is done and over, there will be more adventures in the very near future for the art of Splotch Monster Island, of which I'll announce here at the blog soon, so stay tuned friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment