Friday, February 20, 2015

splotch monster adventures from grade one!


Yesterday my first graders worked on a lesson I call Splotch Monster Adventures. Last week, we began by applying some random watercolor paint splotches to paper and letting them dry. I demonstrated the process first, and stressed the importance of allowing for some space throughout the paper. This week, my students drew onto the paint splotches, bringing them to life by adding faces, limbs, etc., as well as creating some type of adventure scene on their paper. I find this age level is perfect for such a lesson, as they're natural story-tellers. I also stressed the importance of using some pattern and texture in their Splotch Monsters - something we've covered earlier in the year in art class.










No comments:

Post a Comment