Saturday, December 13, 2014

getting ready for grump!


Just finished printing, folding and packaging a couple of new additions to the Splotch Monster Island family, in time for tomorrow's annual GRUMP arts and crafts fair at Artisphere, in Arlington, VA (see above photo)! Honestly, I've got to give much of the credit to my wife Kris, who meticulously set everything up on the computer, cleaning up all the rough edges and aligning things just right. She also gives me the best advice with regards to design and color choices, and presentation in general. I've also been cranking out a ton of individual Splotch Monster ATCs and mini-ATCs to sale tomorrow at GRUMP as well. It's been some time since I've done some small, individual Splotch Monsters (this time using metallic and glitter paint), and I've forgotten just how much fun it is. If you're in the NOVA/DC area tomorrow, stop by GRUMP at Artisphere, which will take place from 11am - 5pm. There will be a ton of awesome handmade items from a vast array of artists and crafters. Kris will also have her beautiful work for sale there as well, so hope you can make it!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Steve,
    I met you at GRUMP and bought a few pieces and Love them! I still owe you some money for them, sorry I couldn't get back to you. If you have any prints left please let me know I really love your work and would like to get more and pay you what I owe.
    Marie - ThrowingShop@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Marie, it was so good to meet you and I'm so happy you love the pieces! i'm pretty sure you did pay me for them though, but I'll drop you an email.

    ReplyDelete