Sunday, October 12, 2014

splotch monster-making workshop at art enables, 10/11/2014


Yesterday I held my second Splotch Monster-making workshop at Art Enables in Washington, D.C. It was an amazing turnout, mainly because AE were hosting the reception for their annual Outsider Art Inside The Beltway exhibit, which hosted some absolutely amazing work from all over the area. The workshop was drop-in style, as they usually tend to be, and I had printed up some verbal instructions and even some writing prompts for participants, some of whom really ran away with this portion of the workshop. I had the pleasure of meeting and talking with so many great people yesterday, many of whom were volunteers, folks with art in the exhibit, or simply there for the workshop. The best part of this was seeing everybody's approach to making Splotch Monsters, as well as all the walks of life this workshop was able to accomidate. While I show participants my way of making them (Splotch Monsters), I make sure to tell them there is no one set way, and that it's all about simply experimenting with painting and drawing and having some creative fun in the process. What I left with most of all yesterday was a healthy dose of some serious inspiration, from participants at the workshop, as well as from the current exhibit, which I'll be posting about at my Go Flying Turtle blog soon. Enjoy the pics in the meantime!


















No comments:

Post a Comment