Sunday, September 28, 2014

the funk ark previews man is a monster!

DC's finest, The Funk Ark return with a new album, set to drop on October 14th. Their album release party/concert will be at the Black Cat on Friday, October 10th, and will feature art from the Splotch/Asterisk collaboration between JJ Cromer and myself.  Below is another preview from the album, the title track from Man is a Monster, and wow, it sounds awesome! I feel the Splotch/Asterisk collaboration art (see accompanying image below) really fits well with the music, both busy and bursting at the seems with detail and subtle nuance, yet so well composed and poignant to the senses. Normally, I'm pretty wiped by Friday afternoon, and call laying down on the couch with a book and some tea my idea of a post-work week happy hour, but I wouldn't miss this show for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment