Saturday, May 3, 2014

splotch monster master: linda lamprecht


It always makes me so very happy to find I'm not the only person who finds joy in creating funny little imaginary critters from semi-random paint splotches. It makes me even happier when what I do has some tiny impact in another part of the world. In this case, the work of Linda Lamprecht, hailing from the Netherlands, takes Splotch Monsters to a whole new level. It was so incredibly kind of Linda to give me credit on her Facebook page, for having some influence, but in all honesty her creations and paint splotch mutations are in a league of their own. There is such a diversity in Linda's vivid and lively Splotch Monsters, from super-abstract germ-like life forms, to more solid and familiar animalistic creations. This diversity is also evident in all of Linda's art, which you can find more of at her new Flickr page. I sure hope Linda continues to make more super-fantastic art, including Splotch Monsters, in the near future, and I hope these images inspire you as much as they do me!











No comments:

Post a Comment