Friday, January 3, 2014

new interview at the smudge jr blog



I'm very psyched to start 2014 off with a great interview conducted by Mrs. Tina Sea Monster for the Smudge Jr blog. The interview is the first in a new series to help promote the upcoming Smudge Comics arts expo to be held at Artisphere on Saturday, March 8, 2014. I'll be exhibiting and doing a Splotch Monster-making workshop there that day, along with a wide array of other fantastic artists. I really love the concept behind this interview series, where artists get to show some of their childhood work, and this one is very close to my heart, seeing some of my earliest scribbles! Thanks to Matt Dembicki, along with Tina for making this project happen!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Steve,
    Happy New Year!
    I really love you Age 8 Eagle. Probably because I love drawings made of lines, and this one is filled with them Some line is short, some long, some light and some dark. It is a joy to read. I love marks made by children, as they express a sense of directness and genuine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2014 Pixo! Yes indeed, and I was so glad to find these drawings and be able to share them with people. I'm so glad you read the interview and I appreciate your kind words. Looking forward to new Pixo art in the new year!

    ReplyDelete