Tuesday, December 31, 2013

in progress for the new year


Here are a few works in progress for some upcoming shows. After mailing out three large prints to a customer in NH yesterday, my last three sales from the Splotch Monster Island shop for 2013, I feel very grateful for my kind supporters and being able to generate some income by doing what I love. 2013 was a marvelous year for my Splotch Monster art, and 2014 will be an even more extraordinary year with lots of good stuff on the horizon. Looking forward to it!

5 comments:

  1. The Monsters look so interesting when they're all together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes, I really want to try out some new, or at least different ways of composing these in a space. I almost kind of like them unmonsterized, but the real challenge will be how to change them and make them interact in some way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the long spindly nature of their limbs (to be). Or maybe a bunch of them are going to be sneezing. Either way, I can't wait to see how you bring them to life Steve. Happy New Year to you and Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At a glance, the composition feels oriental. Each splotch is like a Chinese character in a calligraphy work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Andrea and Pixo! Much love to you both in 2014!

    ReplyDelete