Monday, June 10, 2013

splotch monster bookmarks


Last Friday night I did a Splotch Monster demo and workshop at Books and Other Found Things in Leesburg, Virginia. Thursday was my last day of teaching for the year, so doing the workshop was a nice way to sort of cap things off, plus it had been a while since I've done one of these. Needless to say, I had such a fun time and was pleasantly surprised by the people who showed up despite the wet weather!  



Allen, who runs the shop, brought up the idea of making some Splotch Monster bookmarks to sell at the store. This was an idea I had been kicking around for a little while now but never got to it. Then, on Saturday he e-mailed me a special request for a teacher who wanted to have a bunch of Splotch Monster bookmarks made to send to her former students over the summer as gifts. Since he needs them by the end of the week, I got to it late last night and early this morning. I didn't get a chance to work on these during the day since Kris and I are looking at houses, and after taking these little guys to the printer today, we'll be looking at some more houses. So, the request was a much needed kick in the butt to get this ball rolling, and I find sometimes I simply have to make the time to get these things done, even when there seems to be no time at all. 




You'll be able to purchase these bookmarks from Books and Other Found Things very soon, as well as in my online Splotch Monster shop, which I hope to open by the end of this summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment