Saturday, August 11, 2012

freeze ted!


Actually, no Ted, don't freeze. Geez! Just because the guy has three hands doesn't make him a thief. OK, so he does look a little shady, but that's just how he rolls. Ted is the first member of a new watercolor sketchbook I'm dedicating solely to the making of Splotch Monsters. I completed a sketchbook Moleksine sometime ago, filling that one up with Splotch Monsters, but this one is a watercolor book by a brand called Hand Book based in Kansas City, MO. I've been wanting to own a square-format sketchbook from the brand, but when I found this long watercolor (landscape) one, I had to have it. 


Below are a couple shots I took of the journal, which I look forward to filling up soon!



I also neglected to post some photos from last First Friday night at Books and Other Found Things in Leesburg! The place was packed and unfortunately I didn't get a chance to take more pics. 




Expect some more soon!

6 comments:

  1. Ted is adorable - can't believe he's a thief. Love his hair....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man, saw your splotch monster on illustration friday, brilliant and original technique, superbly executed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey--comments! I'm glad to see you still making these splotch monsters, and your fine fine company in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is just something about Ted that you can't ignore :) Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, Ted! A bit of a combo between a ginger root and carrot top, with chicken legs. Or monster legs. That makes more sense! He is cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys, I'm so glad you like Ted!

    ReplyDelete