Saturday, July 14, 2012

splotch monsters invade the winchester book gallery, winchester, va

Yesterday evening I drove out to the Winchester Book Gallery in Winchester, Virginia to do a Splotch Monster demo/workshop as part of the store's Second Friday Game Night. This is one of the coolest little book stores around, and it was great to be a part of this event, make some art, hang out and talk with folks. 


It was nice to see one of my prints framed and on display behind the front register of the shop, perched among many wonderful books. 


Some of the young folks who participated let me take a pic of their Splotch Monsters (below), and we even made some trades!


I really loved the store's book selection. I was especially impressed with their new graphic novels and art books.


At the back of the book store lives Chester Records, which is basically a mini record shop selling brand new and some older vinyl LPs and singles. I ended up buying ISH ISH by local artist Nelly Kate


Thanks to the good people at Winchester Book Gallery for having me last night. It was nice meeting new people as well as seeing some old friends, and I look forward to dropping by sometime again soon! If you're in the area, don't hesitate to stop into this mighty little book shop and buy something good to read (or listen to). You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment