Friday, June 15, 2012

969 - 982 (learn how to knit)


Finally, I got around to completing this Splotch Monster medley, inspired by my wife's ability to try new things, including knitting, which she did quite a lot of last winter. Her determination and capacity to learn and do things well amazes me. It was no secret, just how incredibly frustrated she was at first with knitting, but after attending meet-ups, some demonstrations, reading some books and hours of You Tube tutorials, she really mastered yet another creative endeavor.


9 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your work! Another nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, all your knitting monsters are hilarious. I think the O in How with the big grin and shock of hair is my favorite, followed closely by R with the blue sock at the top. And puppy monster N at the bottom. So fun!

    Hooray for your wife and making it through the frustrating beginning. And hooray for posting again at IF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sally and Cindy! Yeah, it fits the topic loosely, but it works for me. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always been very envious of knitters. I think you've perfectly described what a "monstrous" task it is. I think "h" is my favourite. I like his little curly tail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!!
    Really great idea and absolutely love your monsters!!
    Keep up the good work :D

    Cheers,
    Junko

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative and colorful! I taught myself to knit too and it does get easier as you learn the secrets from experienced knitters. Your splotch monsters are super; I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the monsters!!!!
    I never learnt how to knit, your wife's experience gives me hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks guys for checking this out, and for the kind comments!

    ReplyDelete