Sunday, March 18, 2012

901 - 914, "get lost in a book"





Here's a new Splotch Monster word medley, measuring 20" x 30", similar to the "Drink More Tea" one I made a couple of months ago. It's called "Get Lost in a Book", and was made with some friends of mine in mind, who opened up a new, used bookstore in town. Doing these word-based Splotch Monsters always pose a particular challenge where I tend to want to repeat myself, so I have to be cautious to make sure I don't do just that with certain letters. There will inevitably be some similarities, which I don't mind since in essence I'm creating my own sort of language with these, the more I work with 'em. As for the Splotch Form letters and words, I also tried to stay as loose as possible, not trying too hard to consciously make the forms look exactly like letters. Anyway, in the end it's always a lot of fun to do one of these, as much as they can also be a challenge. I'm not sure if I like the original or the alternate version better (see above) but I think they both turned out pretty nice.





5 comments:

  1. Oooo, I would love to buy a print of this for my son's teacher if you decided to sell them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Samantha! Please stay tuned then! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I would love to buy one for my high school library and then take home for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *GASP* This would be amazing for my classroom! Are you selling prints yet?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Kristin! Yes I certainly am. Here's the link to my shop for prints of this: http://splotchmonsterisland.bigcartel.com/product/get-lost-in-a-book-print

    Thanks for asking!
    Steve

    ReplyDelete