Sunday, February 19, 2012

867 - 880 "fluid fandom"


It's a tense moment as the final minutes of the annual Splotch Bowl wind down! It's a close call and who will win is anybody's guess. Originally I was going to make this a "fluid family reunion" and have the monsters "say sneeze!", however as I was finishing this one up today while working at my friend Eric's home studio, Eric looked at it and said it reminded him of a crowd of creatures attending some type of sporting event, which made more sense upon looking more closely at this. So, a crowd of creatures at a sporting event it is! Unfortunately, my scanner wasn't able to completely fit all fourteen of these Splotch Monsters into the scanned image. Still, sticking with the one-a-day theme of the blog, this one should take us up through Friday (since my last post was last Friday). It all gets a little OCD, this keeping track, but good fun nonetheless. I'm not sure when I'll do, or at least post one per day again, since I've got an idea I might try beginning next Saturday, involving more than one. Whatever the case, enjoy and thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

  1. This is a great crowd of monsters. (Gaggle? Herd?) I like where you put the eyes. Lots of great personality but my favorite is that lemon-lime one on the right side with the eyestalks. I have a feeling whatever sport they are watching is not his favorite. He probably came as a favor to a friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maldito and Cindy!

    Cindy, I'm glad to see you took a close look at this and I like how you've noticed some interesting things about some of the individual monsters and made some of your own little stories about 'em. That's exactly what I want people to do when they see these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! What a fun site...I just stumbled across it after visiting another site that had a link. I'm loving that orangeish one with a double-head. I will be following your blog - please feel free to stop by and check out mine (almiart.blogspot.com or crazyladyillustration.wordpress.com)! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete