Friday, January 13, 2012

821-832 (splotch monster tea party)



So here's my latest monster medley, covering the past twelve days, with twelve new Splotch Monsters. This is the second time I made a medley spelling out a message, this time being "Drink More Tea". I must note that these monsters are in no way, shape or form affiliated with any political organizations whatsoever. Anyway, this one's a big one, measuring 20" x 30", created for my upcoming show at King Street Coffee in February (who happen to serve excellent tea, as well as coffee btw). The letter "T" was also made with mostly tea. In the meantime, I'm still preparing for the show and I'll be buying frames and framing all the pieces this weekend. Please stay tuned for more monsters as part of a "tea creatures" series beginning tomorrow! 




11 comments:

  1. Good luck on the show! "e" in more is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's genius! One of my favourites ever. I speak as someone who, of course, drinks at least 15 cups of tea a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some awesome characters! My favorite is the "A", although the "o" is a close second! Looking forward to seeing more of your "tea creatures" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little sign hold by "A", because I drink both tea and coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it. love those tiny tea bags!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys! I really appreciate you taking a look at this and dropping me a line. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really wonderful work! Think I'll put the kettle on

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Ian! Just did the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just had my favorite cup of masala chai and I saw this. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. super cooool stuff, I hope to see more monster messages!

    ReplyDelete