Saturday, November 19, 2011

772-781




Sorry it's been a little while but I've been working on lots of things lately. I did finally get a chance to scan and post my latest Splotch Monster medley, this time presented horizontally, featuring ten new beasties born of India Ink. These guys should take us up through this coming Tuesday, then there will be more featured in black and white, in the form of duos, trios, quartets, quintets and more. I'm enjoying this dynamic of interaction with both the Splotch Forms and the monsters. In the meantime, I thought I'd feature a snippet from the film The Mystery of Picasso. The film is a rare glimpse of the creative genius in action and is considered a national treasure in France. I was lucky to see it over a decade ago at a theater in the city of Pittsburgh, PA, and now I have a copy on DVD, which I occasionally return to for inspiration. Enjoy!



<

5 comments:

  1. the goat was a complete and realized piece soooo many times over. very interesting to watch the process. just one decision influencing the piece into a different direction, repeated 1000 times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cool! First time visitor... love your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Zillustration, (as with the bull)and that's why I love Picasso.

    Thanks Roshanda! Hope to have you visit again.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish you were here! http://titusthedog.blogspot.com/2011/11/wish-you-were-here.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks JoAnne! I'll post about it!

    ReplyDelete